Here is a list of a few strategies:
- by individual names'
- alphabetical order
- reverse alphabetical order (beginning with Z)
- table groups
- teacher begins with one student, then that student selects the next student, and so on (be careful with this one, you don't want to create an isolate in the class)
- style of shoes, tie, slip on, velcro
- style of shirtsleeves, long, short, none
- shirt style, designs, stripes, solids, words
- colors, "if you have on blue..."
- pets, "if you have a dog..." or "if you have 2 pets"
- assigning jobs for groups, while other students get seated or lined up
- making supplies/materials in easily accessible places so that congestion doesn't occur
- pacing of activities/lessons e.g., one group moves from one activity to another, before the next group switches
I hope you will share this blogsite with colleagues and friends. If you haven't already, consider becoming a "Follower".