Translate

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Daily Assignment #45: 37-90

Daily Assignment #36: 10-2,  describes a processing strategy. Another processing strategy is 37-90.   The theory behind the 37-90 strategy is, for every 37 minutes of instruction, students need to get up, (and I stress get up), and process the information.  It is that simple.  However, as simple as it is, it will have a tremendous impact on student learning.

This strategy would be more effective for older students.  Younger students would have difficulty sitting for 37 minutes.  Now that I think about it, I know of adults who would have difficulty sitting for 37 minutes, including myself.

I know of middle and high school teachers who have used this strategy, particularly if they have 90 minute block classes.  One high school teacher reported, "This was good for all the students in the class. I don't like a lot of moving around in the classroom.  However, after using this strategy only once, the students seemed less drowsy and a slightly happier tone developed in the class."

So, when planning a lesson make sure to include processing time.

On another note, due to the upcoming school vacation, and the fact that I will not have access to the internet for awhile, my next blog will appear on March 13th.  I hope you won't forget to return to this blog site.

Having said that, please have a wonderful, safe vacation and remember the 13th.

In the meantime, please share this blog site with colleagues and friends.
If you haven't already, become a "Follower".  It will help you to remember to return on the 13th.

Best Effort,
Linda103

No comments:

Post a Comment